By hiring a sling from Morecambe Bay Slings it is taken that you agree to the following terms and conditions. Failure to follow these terms may result in you being charged the full replacement price of the carrier. Repeated failure to follow these terms will result in the removal of membership. We reserve the right to deny future hire based on non-compliance of these terms.
It is your responsibility to check over your carrier for safety and damage before every use. It is vital that you contact us if for any reason you are unable to return your carrier on the agreed return date.
These terms may be subject to change without notice. Morecambe Bay Slings will be known as MBS in this document
Safety and Use
- The hirer must ensure that they understand how to use the carrier safely. If they do not they must cease use and contact MBS for instruction.
- Instructions for our carriers can be found here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxOEGerf_u28TzYteGJZMzFfdFE
- MBS is not held liable for any injuries up to and including death whilst using the carrier if safety guidelines have not been followed.
- If the carrier is damaged you must immediately cease use of the carrier and contact MBS for instruction.
- The sling must only be used as demonstrated and for the use intended. It is not acceptable to use it to carry pets.
- No smoking whilst using the carrier or near the carrier. If it has been found that you have been smoking whilst using the carrier, you will be charged for professional cleaning.
- Do not wash your carrier without contact to MBS for specific wash instructions
- Small spills may be sponged off with a damp cloth.
- If the carrier is damaged or washed incorrectly it may no longer be suitable to hire in which case you may be liable for the full replacement cost of the carrier
Hire and Membership
- Hire fees are charged on a 4-week basis.
- 6-week hire is available on a case by case basis.
- We must see your carrier to check for fit and damage at least every other hire unless previously agreed upon.
- We reserve the right to deny you online rehire.
- If online rehire is denied you must attend the next available library session to check fit and damage. You are able to arrange an out of hours doorstep rehire at the cost of £5 plus hire fees
- Non-member hires incur a £30 refundable deposit (£20 for stretchy wraps)
- Hire fees are:
- For new baby carriers (stretchy wraps, close caboos) £8 per 4 weeks.
- All other carriers £16 per 4 weeks.
- Membership lasts for 1 year and costs £25. The membership fee is not refundable regardless of use.
- Benefits of membership are:
- No deposit for hire required
- 50% off of all hire costs
- Help with your own carrier for front and hip carries where appropriate and at our discretion during the sling library sessions.
Please note Membership to the sling library is not membership of the company.
Free Stretchy Hire Scheme
- To take advantage of the scheme we require a £20 deposit which is returned to you at the end of your free hire.
- Proof of Id such as a bank card is required.
- Your baby must be under 6 weeks old at the time of hire.
- The free hire period lasts for a period of 4 weeks and can be extended at the usual hire cost for the sling.
- If you have suffered a lengthy hospital stay for yourself or your child which may take you outside of the terms of this scheme, please contact us to discuss your circumstances and we may be able to extend this offer on an individual basis.
Payment cards and data protection
- All users of MBS must have a stored payment card on their account. This can be in the form of a credit or debit card.
- By hiring a carrier and electronically signing these terms and conditions, you agree to payments being taken from your card as laid out in the late returns policy below. This is both fair and lawful use of your payment card.
- Your payment card will only be used as part of our late returns policy unless explicit permission is given to process any other payment via this stored card.
- You must contact MBS to update your stored payment card details if they become out of date. You can also do this by logging on to the website and updating them via your account http://www.morecambebayslings.co.uk/index.php/inventory/
- Your payment card details will only be held as long as you have an account with MBS and will be removed once your hire or membership ends or until all outstanding balances are paid
- We will not disclose payment details to any third party. However, we may disclose relevant personal details where applicable to health or social care providers in line with our safeguarding and child protection policy.
- Your data (including payment details) is stored securely electronically and is password protected.
- You are responsible for making sure you return or rehire the carrier to us by the end of the library session on the due date. Failure to do this will result in late fees of £1 per day being added to your account payable at the end of each 7 days past the original due date.
- If you become overdue you must attend the next available session.
- If we do not hear from you within 7 days after the date your item(s) were due, we will charge any stored cards on file your overdue fees. You will continue to accrue overdue fees until you contact us to officially rehire your carrier and we will take this at the end of each 7 day period.
- If we do not receive any contact from you within 28 days of failing to return an item(s) your stored cards will be charged for the full cost of the item(s) you have on hire, your missed months hire fees and any remaining overdue fees which have accrued on your account.
- An admin fee of £5 may be added for any reminder letter sent.
- Legal action will be sought for outstanding balances and you may be liable for all costs incurred.
- Failure to comply may result in the removal of membership and refusal of future hire.
If you encounter any problems with your carrier including but not limited to:
- Accidental damage
- Large pulls in the fabric
- Any stitching coming undone
- Extreme soiling
- Loss of any removable parts
- Damage to buckles
You MUST contact us as soon as you can. DO NOT attempt to repair/wash/ replace missing parts. These actions may compromise the safety of the carrier.
After assessing the carrier for damage, if it is deemed that the carrier is no longer able to be hired, you may be liable for the full replacement cost of the carrier.