Morecambe Bay Slings CIC (MBS) is your local baby sling and carrier library, where you can try and hire one of our 200 different slings and carriers! We really have something for everyone!
We can also help you with your own carrier, making sure that you are carrying safely and comfortably. At the moment, we are not charging for this help if you choose to access it remotely via a 121 session over a video call. Please book a space here.
Our in-person sessions are also available to book now, we will be running Thursday sessions at the Baby Sensory WOW Centre at White Cross in Lancaster – please check our booking link for availability and to book a slot.
We are also running some social meet-ups in Happy Mount Park in Morecambe, please message us or check our Facebook Page for the details.
Our library is run by experienced and qualified babywearing consultants and our sessions are supported by peer supporters (all who are volunteers). You are welcome to come and join on a social basis if you don’t wish to hire – we have a wealth of parenting experience and love cuddling babies! Our locations are all breastfeeding friendly too so you can feed in confidence.
Why use a sling library? Slings and carriers (we use these words interchangeably to describe all of the carriers that we stock) are a wonderful way to parent when you have a newborn who wishes to be held all of the time, allowing your baby to feel safe whilst you can get on with the things that you need to do. Research tells us that a securely attached baby turns into an independent child so you aren’t ‘creating a rod for your back’ by slinging, quite the opposite in fact! But there are soooo many different types of carrier out there, parents are different shapes and have different physiological needs, as are our babies.
Using a sling library gives you the option to try until you find what works for you and your child, with the support of an expert who will ensure that you are doing it right!
Some happy parents with their sling library slings
Babies grow quickly too, so their carrier needs change quickly. Again by hiring you can ensure that you have the right carrier at all ages and stages.
Going on holiday or to a wedding? We’ll have something that works in the heat (or with your outfit)!
To meet other parents. Having a new baby can be very isolating. You will always be welcome at our meets whether or not you hire a sling.
How to access our service during the Coronavirus restrictions
- We are running group sessions on a Thursday at the Baby Sensory WOW Centre at White Cross in Lancaster – please check our booking link for availability and to book a slot. Places are limited due to Covid restrictions.
- We are running regular weekday 121 video support sessions for new and existing customers Please book a space here. Please get in touch if you are unable to make any of these sessions, we both work from home so can be flexible.
- If you’d like to swap a carrier or hire something for the first time without an appointment, please contact us and we’ll arrange for you to come and collect one from either Morecambe or Lancaster and at present, providing everyone is healthy, will be happy to quickly demo it for you from our doorstep when you collect if needed.
- If you have a sling on hire and wish to return it, you can message the page and arrange to return it either to Tamsin in Morecambe, or Abi in Lancaster.
- We will automatically renew your hire if we do not hear from you before 1 pm on the day that your carrier is due for return, using the card details that you have provided us with.
If you are planning on hiring from us for the first time, please create an account with us, making sure to add your address and mobile phone number and your card details. Thanks!
Please note that we charge usually £3 to help you with your own carrier if you are not a sling library member, but are waiving this charge during the pandemic when we are unable to run in person sessions. See our T&Cs for all the info on membership and hire.
Use our chat option (we’ll reply as soon as we can), find us on Facebook or call (or text) Tamsin on 07747698747 if you have any questions!